Raleigh Cary Realty—Why Raleigh is Great for Families
The Raleigh area continues to grow each year as more and more families make the move to the Triangle. If you’re someone with a family who is considering relocating here, then Raleigh Cary Realty wants to share with you why Raleigh is great for families.
5 Reasons Raleigh Is Great for Families:
- Education. Raleigh’s public schools have an 88.2% graduation rate, which is well above the national average, and when you combine that with the surrounding areas, you will see that the school systems in our region are among the best in the nation. In addition, this market is home to several universities and colleges such as NC State, UNC, Duke, and others.
- Activities. Raleigh is home to great activities for families to do together such as museums, festivals, green space and lots of sports. In addition to college games, Raleigh has an NHL team, and a minor-league ballpark in nearby Zebulon. There are even places just outside the city like Three Bears Acres and Dead Park Farm that are full of children’s activities.
- It’s safe. While some people are concerned about crime in big cities, there are several neighborhoods in Raleigh where crime rates fall well below the national averages. Areas such as Five Points, Wade, Glenwood, Six Forks, and Holly Springs are some of the safest neighborhoods you find anywhere.
- Affordability. For a city with a huge tech economy, Raleigh is one of the most affordable housing markets in America. When comparing to other tech cities like San Francisco or Austin, you’ll find that the cost of living is much less here. When raising a family, that’s very important to consider.
- The surrounding areas. No matter what your favorite family vacation is, you’ll find it’s not a far drive from Raleigh. Do you like the beach? Great, the Outer Banks of NC are only a two hour drive away. What about the mountains and skiing? Perfect, it’s just a couple of hours in the other direction to get to North Carolina’s ski country.
Whatever it is that you and your family are looking for, we guarantee that the Triangle has it. If you’re looking for a home in Raleigh, contact us at Raleigh Cary Realty. We will find your new family home.