Nothing is more frustrating than receiving the email that a package was delivered to your house, but the package not being there when you get home. We suggest the following ways to secure package delivery to your home in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area.
5 ways to secure package delivery at home:
- Wi-Fi enabled cameras: The most popular addition to any home for security as well as to monitor package delivery is a Wi-Fi-enabled camera. Homeowners can install as many as they like to monitor their property. The camera’s app stores the videos for the homeowner to watch either live or recorded.
- Follow package tracking closely: Most online ordering systems tell the buyer when the shipment is out for delivery. Buyers then need to monitor the tracking information to see the time and day the shipment is to arrive at the home. Some errors in package delivery occur when an address is not written correctly. Double-check data entry before hitting submit.
- Join the neighborhood social media page: Mail sorting is all over the place; especially for new developments. This means that mail could have gone to a fellow neighbor. Post on the neighborhood page to see if a neighbor happened to receive the delivery.
- Report missing packages: If never reported, mail and package delivery systems and offices will never know. Usually, there are short forms that can be sent in rather than the long customer service call with the sellers. If a package is stolen, give the video footage to law enforcement.
- Signature retrieval: When completing the order, check to see if there is an option to have the package require a signature in order to receive it. It adds another step but saves hassle later.
- Delivery instructions: There is also the option of instructing the delivery driver to put packages in a less conspicuous place such as a container, on side of porch or side door, with a neighbor, etc.
These are some of our suggestions to help secure package delivery at home. For advice, buying, selling, or appraising a home, talk to Raleigh Cary Realty’s experienced agents. Contact us today.