It’s that time of year when the weather is cold outside and people tend to hibernate at home. Believe it or not, there is still much to do around the Raleigh area so don’t let the cool weather hunker you down with the winter blues. 2019 is going to be a year full of fun festivals and celebrations!
Check out these unique events happening around the triangle:
- Triangle Restaurant Week 2019 (Jan. 21-27) A week of celebrating culinary excellence where the Triangle’s best restaurants offer special pricing. This is a great time to visit an old favorite restaurant or venture out to try something new.
- 18th Annual African American Cultural Celebration (Jan. 26) Kick off Black History Month and come celebrate with 75+ musicians, storytellers, dancers, chefs, historians, artists and more in downtown Raleigh. This fun cultural celebration will be held at the North Carolina Museum of History.
- Krispy Kreme Challenge (Feb. 2) Are you up for the Krispy Kreme Challenge? Run five miles, eat a dozen doughnuts at the halfway point and make it past the finish line in under an hour! This is one of America’s most unique running events with nearly 8,000 costumed runners and lots of fun for all!
- Cirque du Soleil: Corteo (Feb. 7-10) The PNC arena will be featuring 51 acrobats, musicians, singers and actors from all around the world Corteo is the latest and most enchanting of Cirque du Soleil’s productions!
- “Charlie And The Chocolate Factory” (Feb. 12-17) The Oompa-Loompas are coming to DPAC with the perfect recipe for a delectable treat. Come see Roald Dahl’s showstopper with songs from the original film, including “Pure Imagination,” “The Candy Man,” and “I’ve Got a Golden Ticket.”
- Sesame Street Live (Mar. 8-10) Join Sesame Streets’ favorite characters with this fun, interactive show! Learn new songs and sing with Oscar and Cookie Monster, build a snowman with Elmo, flap your wings with Big Bird, marvel at Abby’s magic, be amazed when Super Grover flies and move to the rhythm with Rosita! It’s time to party at DPAC!
- Elton John (Mar. 12) Celebrating a half-century of music on his “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” tour welcome five-time Grammy Award-winner, Elton John, who will be taking the stage at PNC Arena!
The Triangle is home to many fun events throughout the year! No matter what season it is, there is always something going on to keep you busy and entertained. If you are looking to relocate to the Triangle, we at Raleigh Cary Realty would be happy to show you around town!