Over the years, there have been all kinds of trends in the real estate market. A factor that plays a pivotal role in these trends is what generations are currently buying. Currently, millennials make up the largest share of homebuyers. So, what are current buyers looking for in a home in 2021? Raleigh Cary Realty is here to discuss a few features.
Here are five home features that today’s buyers are looking for:
- Open concept floor plans: Open concept spaces have been popular for a while now, and they are still sought after in 2021. Open floor plans allow for more flexibility for buyers and can make a space look much larger than it is. In today’s market, some buyers might not even visit to look at a property if it is not open concept.
- Home office: In today’s world, an at-home office is turning into a must-have for many buyers. Having a space dedicated to work in the home makes it much easier for buyers to immediately be able to work from home without having to create a room of their own later. This space can look like a nook tucked in the living room or an extra spare bedroom upstairs.
- Updated kitchens: At the heart of every home is a kitchen – this is no secret. Because of this, current homebuyers are heavily weighing kitchens when deciding to buy a home. Updated kitchens with new tile and a multifunctional island are in high demand.
- Separate laundry room: The laundry room is probably not on the top of every seller’s mind; however, it should be. Buyers often seek a separate laundry room with extra space for storage. If possible, sellers should consider adding on this room or converting other space to make their property more attractive to buyers.
- Outdoor patios: A living space should include the outdoors too! Many recent homebuyers are looking for patios in addition to their indoor space. These sections can include fire pits, bars, a pool, and more. These features can also raise the selling price of the home.
There you have it: five features that current homebuyers are looking for on the market! If you are looking to buy or sell in the local Triangle area, contact Raleigh Cary Realty today to get started today.