During this pandemic, touring homes has looked quite different. There are extra protocols put in place to ensure the safety of real estate agents and future homebuyers. For many buyers, virtual open houses may not be enough, they want the chance to see the property in person. Raleigh Cary Realty offers five tips on how to safely tour houses and find your dream home during COVID-19.
Here are five tips on how to safely tour a home during a pandemic:
- Wear a mask and stay six feet apart: Like in any other indoor space, wearing masks and social distancing is required. This can help prevent the spread of the virus and ensure the safety of the homeowners, buyers, and agents.
- Bring hand sanitizer: Since handwashing may not be convenient when traveling from house to house, always having hand sanitizer is a great idea. This allows for people to clean their hands and reduce the risk of spreading the virus to different homes.
- Don’t touch your surroundings: When visiting a house for the first time, it might be tempting to touch everything. However, reducing the number of surfaces touched will greatly decrease the possibility of catching or spreading any kind of virus.
- Wear gloves and shoe covers: Gloves and shoe covers offer an extra layer of protection. When touring homes, homebuyers can never be too safe. This not only protects those touring the house but also the homeowners selling the house.
- Drive your own car to and from different locations: It is helpful for people to drive their personal vehicles when traveling to and from different homes. This reduces the risk of spreading the virus while also enforcing proper social distancing.
It is extremely important to properly follow guidelines put in place when touring any property during a pandemic. At Raleigh Cary Realty, safety is our top priority. Contact us today to get started searching for your dream home even during COVID-19.