Here are five things to do before putting your home on the market:
- Declutter: When hosting showings, clutter just makes everything more stressful for the buyer and the seller. Go through all the rooms in your house and get rid of all things you won’t need in the future. Not only will this free up space and make the area look a lot cleaner, but it will make packing for the move much easier. This positively impacts both parties.
- Spice up the curb appeal: The front of your house is the first thing potential buyers will see online and when they pull up to your home, so making sure it looks nice is key for selling quickly. Pull up any weeds, make sure the bushes are trimmed, and the grass is freshly cut. Some choose to even add flower baskets or other decorations to their porch area. With a nice yard and good curb appeal, your house is bound to make a great first impression.
- Depersonalize: Taking out things in your home like a bunch of family photos or quirky, unique items can be beneficial when selling a house. Having it look more generic so potential buyers can relate to it more can help it to sell faster.
- Plan a long weekend: When the home first enters the market, plan a small vacation at the beach or mountains to get away because if your home is priced right, you should have multiple offers and can ask for Final & Best offer by Sunday.
- Find a great real estate agent: Selling your home without an agent much harder. Finding the perfect real estate agent that knows your needs will make selling your home a breeze. At Raleigh Cary Realty, we are stocked with some of the best agents in the Triangle and want to see your house sell fast and for more.
For more tips and tricks on how to prepare your house to sell, contact Raleigh Cary Realty today!