Selling a home is on many people’s goals for 2019, and in a market as strong as Raleigh, it makes sense. If you see a “For Sale” sign in your front yard in your immediate future, there’s some work that must get done first.
Here are some resolutions for anyone who’s thinking of selling their home in 2019:
- Declutter: Really, all of us should be doing this, but especially those who will probably need to pack their homes soon. As you’re taking down holiday decorations, keep the decluttering and organization going. It will make the listing and packing process much easier.
- Fix it. Catch up on those little (or big) home repairs that you’ve been putting off. Even a lightbulb that’s out can give buyers the impression that the home isn’t well cared for.
- Deep clean. As you’re decluttering, take the time to deep clean. Better yet, if possible, hire it out so it’s cleaned with someone with fresh eyes on your home. A thorough job will go a long way in making a home feel like a brand-new model home when it’s time to list it.
- Consider some bigger home updates. Take an honest look at the home and see if anything is outdated. A fresh coat of paint is always a good idea, but maybe a new organizational system in a laundry area or painting kitchen cabinets will help set your home apart from the rest.
- Save money. Selling a home means you’ll have money coming your way, but there are also a lot of costs associated with it. Moving supplies, dinners out so the house stays clean, those trips to Target when there’s a last-minute showing…trust us, a little extra cash will come in handy.