Ah, it is almost summer! For most people—especially kids—it’s their favorite time of the year. The weather is great, school is out, and there are tons of things to do outdoors. In the Triangle area, there is always something to do, and that’s the case year-round.
However, we love summer as well, and with that in mind, here is just a sample of family-friendly summer events in the Triangle for new residents of the area:
(Some events are subject to change due to COVID-19 or other factors.)
- Drive-In Movies: Raleigh Road Outdoor Theatre has a lineup of excellent movies to see every weekend. To see their schedule, go to http://www.raleighroaddrivein.com/
- Durham Craft Market Saturdays: Every Saturday morning from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, head to Durham Central Park for a local craft market. All crafts artists live in the Triangle area. Click http://www.durhamcraftmarket.com/ to see more.
- Dine Out Downtown: In May and June, select streets in Downtown Raleigh will be closed off to allow for outdoor eating. Each week features a different street in Raleigh. For the schedule and list of participating restaurants, visit https://downtownraleigh.org/dra-programs/dine-out-downtown
- EnoFest: On July 4th weekend, the festival will be held at West Point on the Eno River in Durham. It will feature 70-plus bands on five stages plus food, artists and plenty of kid-friendly events. Learn more at https://www.enofest.org/
- Downtown Raleigh Food Truck Rodeo: This rodeo brings over 50 food trucks to the area and is considered one of the biggest rodeos in the country. Spanning 11 city blocks with food trucks as far as one can see, it is an event you won’t want to miss. Due to COVID-19 precautions, it will start up August 1st, 2021: http://www.downtownraleighfoodtruckrodeo.com/
- Lazy Daze Arts and Crafts Festival: Located in Cary, the festival will take place on August 24th-25th and feature over 300 artists, along with live music, kid’s activities, food and more. Visit https://www.townofcary.org/recreation-enjoyment/events/festivals/lazy-daze-arts-and-crafts-festival
This list doesn’t account for the many wonderful parks, shops, museums, restaurants, and other wonderful events and activities that make up this beautiful Triangle area that we call home. If you’re new to the area, check out our community information page and scroll to the bottom for links to even more.