According to US Census bureau information, the population in the Raleigh area has increased by 15% in the last ten years. The number one reason is migration. People are continuing to move to the Triangle in record numbers. This is helped spur the increase in home values in our area.
But, what are the reasons that many choose to move here? Raleigh Cary Realty has done the research, and here is what we have found:
- Economic growth and opportunity: The Triangle has one of the top performing economies in the United States. Technology has lead the way as leading companies like Apple and Google have expanded into our region. The Triangle also has one of the highest starting salaries of any area.
- Green space: The City of Oaks has always lived up to its name. There are hundreds of acres of green space available to Triangle residents all around the area. It’s also an easy drive east to the beaches on the Outer Banks or west to hiking and ski country in the Appalachians.
- Education: Some of the best universities in America are right here in the Triangle area, and the benefits aren’t just for the students who attend them. These universities are leaders in research, and that brings extra jobs to the market.
- Dining: Did you know that Zagat listed Raleigh as one of the nation’s top cities for dining out? It’s true. The city came in at Number 12.
- Culture and arts: Not only does the Triangle have some tremendous museums in our area, but the local arts and music scene is considered on the best in nation as well.
Add all of that up on top of a lower-than-average cost of living, and you can see why the Triangle is a popular place for people to relocate to. If you are considering moving here and looking for a home, contact us at Raleigh Cary Realty. We know this market better than anyone.