Raleigh Cary Realty—Important Things to know about Staging Your Home
The concept of staging your home when selling is not new. It’s an important way of highlighting its biggest strengths and making it appealing to potential buyers. If you want to sell your home quicker, at Raleigh Cary Realty, we have some important things to know about staging your home to sell faster.
7 Great Tips on Staging a Home:
- Always start with the curb appeal. We have said this over-and-over, but first impressions matter. What buyers see when the first approach your home from the outside is vitally important. Make sure everything is clean, neat, welcoming, and have lots of green.
- Make sure decorations are appropriate for the season. How the house is decorated and accessorized should match what time of year it is.
- Feature functional office space. We live in a time when work-from-home is becoming a permanent necessity. Stage an area with a work desk that shows buyers they can effectively do their jobs there.
- Depersonalize. Buyers want to picture themselves living there. While family is important, having too many pictures of your loved ones displayed can change how a buyer perceives themselves there.
- Turn up the lights—just not too bright. Make sure your house is well lit, so buyers can see all of the features and appreciate the décor. Just don’t do it to the point they’re overwhelmed by it.
- Show your storage. New buyers will bring a lot of items with them. They don’t want to feel as if they have to discard a lot of clothes, furniture, decorations, appliances, etc. just to move. Assure them there’s room for all they have.
- Don’t use too much furniture. Having too much furniture in any room will make it look smaller. Avoid doing that.
For more ideas and important things to know (or to list your home for sale), contact us at Raleigh Cary Realty. As your hometown realtor, we know what works best in our area.