Since Memorial Day is over, we are in the unofficial start of the summer season and many homeowners are starting to spruce up the outside of their homes. There are many small to large projects that homeowners and sellers can take on.
Here are some ways to spruce up the outside of your home:
- Small project: Place potted plants on the porch. By putting two pots with beautiful greenery in the front entrance, it makes a statement and adds dimension.
- Medium project: Fix brown areas of grass by combing it, adding grass seed, then fertilizing. When the lawn looks nice, the home has better curb appeal.
- Large project: Mulching can be a large project depending on the size of the property. Picking the right mulch color for the home’s style is an important part of the decision process. Many seek our professionals to help mulch their flower beds and make defined garden areas.
- Small project: Paint the front door a vibrant color. Picking a front door color is a welcoming statement to neighbors and future home buyers. Select paint that can handle the sun and weather.
- Medium project: Power washing the driveway to get rid of unsightly oil stains is a great way to make the home look clean and polished. Rent a power washer to get started on pathways and driveways.
- Large project: Painting the shutters and home exteriors are great ways to change up the home; especially, if the shutters are faded from prolonged sunlight. Consider the best color scheme for the home. Depending on the number of floors, homeowners and sellers may want to hire a painting professional.
With these projects, homeowners can spruce up their homes. Prepare the home for the summer market today. Contact Raleigh Cary Realty to help with the buying and selling process of the home.