As spring moves along and the summer months arrive, many homeowners are looking to list their homes for sale. Summer is the busiest time in the real estate market because buyers often choose this time to move and not interrupt their children’s school year.
If you are planning on placing your home for sale this summer, Raleigh Cary Realty has some tips on how to prepare for it.
5 steps to take to prepare to list your Raleigh home on the market are:
- Shine up your outdoor areas. Summer is the season to be outdoors, so buyers will want to see and imagine themselves being there. Sellers will need to clean their deck, porch, patio, pool area, etc. If any painting or repairs need to be done, now is the time. And do not forget your landscaping—especially the front of the house. Have flowers and a well-manicured yard for buyers to see right away.
- Make sure your air conditioning is in tiptop shape. Summers in North Carolina are hot. You want buyers to walk into a cool environment and not have to wonder how much they’ll need to spend getting the AC units serviced or replaced.
- Have good lighting in the outdoors. As mentioned before, when families spend summertime outdoors, they want good lighting for visibility and security. Make sure you have it, and that it’s working properly.
- Wash your windows. Summer also means bright light, and as buyers walk around your house, any light shining through dirty windows is very noticeable.
- Stage the inside for summer. Summers typically call for brighter colors, so have your furniture and beddings reflect that by staging them with brighter linens and accessorize tables with flowering plants.
For more tips and to list your home to sell this summer, contact us today at Raleigh Cary Realty. As your hometown broker, no one knows how to sell your home any time of year better than we do.