Getting started with buying or selling a home can be tricky especially when it comes to choosing a real estate agent. Real estate agents can transform the buying and selling process by providing research and market knowledge to ensure success for their clients.
Here are five tips on how to choose the right real estate agent:
- Decide what is most important to you: Before hiring a real estate agent, a person should decide on what they deem most important to them. For some, this may be transparent communication with the agent, and for others, it could be that they want the agent to have excellent price negotiation skills.
- Do your research: Doing research on the housing market is helpful as it shows what prices homes are selling for in surrounding areas. This also helps a person see if a real estate agent is reasonable with their price estimates.
- Get personal referrals: Referrals from family and friends is a great way to get more insight into a particular real estate agent. This reveals more about the agent because it provides personal experiences that may not be shown online.
- Check their experience and background: It is also important to check the real estate agent’s background to see what type of houses they have had experience buying or selling for clients. For example, an individual looking to buy a high-rise apartment in Manhattan might look for a real estate agent with experience in luxury properties.
- Interview multiple agents: Interviewing multiple agents is always beneficial as it lets buyers and sellers see all of their available options. It also lets them get a sense of their communication style and what working with that specific agent would be like.
Real estate agents play a key role in the buying and selling process; therefore, it is important to take time to choose the right one for you. If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Triangle, consider Raleigh Cary Realty. Contact us today to get started.