Holidays are a popular time to get together with friends and family to celebrate and make memories. The Triangle is a great place to find family-friendly events to make the most of this magical time of the year.
The following places and events will truly help you capture the holiday spirit:
- North Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival (Nov. 22-Jan. 12) Koka Booth Amphitheater in Cary: Bring the whole family to enjoy more than 20 larger-than-life lanterns made up of thousands of LED lights. This ticketed festival is beautiful and mesmerizing, showcasing the Chinese culture with nightly performances.
- Raleigh Christmas Parade (Nov. 23) Downtown Raleigh: Enjoy the largest Christmas parade between Atlanta and Washington, D.C. Over 60,000 visitors come to the streets of downtown to watch more than two hours of marching bands, dancers, classic cars, superheroes and of course Santa Claus.
- Holiday Express (Dec. 4-8; Dec. 11-15) Pullen Park: This is an all-time favorite and tickets sell out within 5 minutes of going live! The park is decorated with thousands of lights with fun events for the whole family. These include train ride, carousel, games, crafts, snacks, a real snow hill for sledding and meet and greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus!
- Theater in the Park: A Christmas Carol (Dec. 11-15) Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts: This year marks its 45th year as a longstanding tradition for families in the area. Wood himself puts on an incredible performance as Scrooge in this beloved musical comedy.
- State Capitol Tree Lighting Ceremony (Dec. 12) Downtown Raleigh: Celebrate the holiday season being officially here by partaking in the lighting of the tree! This includes luminaries, local choral groups filling the air with seasonal songs, and a tour of the decorated Capitol!
- Carolina Ballet presents The Nutcracker (Dec. 18-29) Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts: This holiday classic is a can’t miss tradition for many! Carolina Ballet presents this popular holiday classic at the Duke Energy Center.
- Angus Barn Holiday Dinner: Enjoy a delicious meal at Raleigh’s award-winning steakhouse with one of the largest wine cellars in the country. Gorgeous decorations adorn the red barn building inside and out during the holidays!
We love this time of year at Raleigh Cary Realty!