With the spring real estate market picking up, improving the value of a home is easy with some home projects. These projects improve the look of the home and give the home some added value, which will help the homeowners’ return of investment during the selling process. Raleigh Cary Realty helps homeowners put their homes on the market by staging them, taking photos, and writing a description that highlights the home’s best features.
5 easy home projects that add value to the home are:
- Hiring a lawn/mulching service: Before putting the house on the market, hire a lawn/mulching service to boost the home’s curb appeal. Also keep them during the selling process to cut the lawn and keep the place looking neat and tidy. This is especially helpful if the homeowners have moved out already and are not in the area.
- Sealing a driveway: Driveways that are crumbling away or are cracked look a lot better once repaired. Evening out the color of the driveway makes the home look completed and taken care of while the previous homeowners lived there. Follow the driveway installers’ advice and wait the appropriate time before parking on it.
- Removing personal items: Take this time to remove personal items such as photos, personal artwork, diplomas, stuffed animals, toys, electronics with excessive cords, etc. out of rooms. It gets the homeowners started on packing, while also helping the home viewings perform better by allowing the viewers to imagine themselves in the home.
- Mopping/cleaning/vacuuming floors: If the homeowners have stained floors and a home that smells, home viewings will go poorly. Most will not enter a home that smells. A homeowner can either mop, clean, and vacuum the floors themselves or hire a carpet cleaner. Depending on the flooring type, the proper cleaning process will vary.
- Dusting fans and blinds: Fan blades, blinds, and curtains carry a lot of dust. Wash curtains and clean the fan blades, window seals, and blinds to get rid of cobwebs and dust buildup. Make the home feel superbly clean.
Raleigh Cary Realty helps homeowners throughout the Triangle buy and sell their homes. Let our team of professionals suggest ways to add value to a home. Contact us today at (919) 439-0965 and visit our website.