Does your home need some updating just in time for the holidays? This can seem like a daunting task but there are some simple DIY projects that can be done to update a home and impress friends and family when hosting this holiday season.
- Flooring: Did you even know painting over that outdated vinyl or linoleum flooring is an option? Painting over those unsightly floors is an affordable way to take a room from drab to fab. Scrub down the floor, repair any damages in the flooring, choose the paint color and get to work.
- Vents: Cover up those unattractive old air vents with a coat of spray paint to give them a fresh new look. Whether it’s a floor vent or a ceiling vent, simply remove the vent cover, give it a fresh coat of spray paint and allow it to dry. Have as much fun with color and design to suit individual tastes.
- Light switches: Upgrading light switches are a simple and relatively inexpensive DIY project. Reasonably priced craft store frames fit seamlessly around those light switch covers. Don’t forget to turn the power off before you begin!
- Bathroom mirror: Frame those tired looking bathroom mirrors to update them and transform the look of any bathroom. Revamp any bathroom using a stylish frame – anything from a rustic wood frame to spray painting old dated frames can spice up the room.
- Kitchen backsplash: There are many easy and affordable DIY backsplash ideas. Anything from painting to even peel and stick tile. Express individual style by updating a backsplash with a modern design using glass, metal or even corkscrews. Make it as bold or as colorful as desired.
There are many easy DIY projects that can make a home look amazing and improve the overall look. Call Raleigh Cary Realty today for more ideas on DIY updates to enhance that living space and keep up the value of the property.