It’s no secret that summers in the Triangle can get quite hot, but just because the temperatures have climbed up doesn’t mean there aren’t some cool DIY projects you can do around the house.
If you’re looking for new ideas, Raleigh Cary Realty has some for you. Let’s take a look!
- Build fashionable planters: Outdoor plants do best in the summer sun, so now is the time to create new planters to house your green thumb. Buy kits at your local hardware store or get creative and use existing materials around the house and repurpose them. Look for ways to make hanging planters and tiered ones.
- Create a bar for your deck: If the family is spending more time outside on the patio or in the backyard pool, perhaps it would be helpful to have a bar located outside to keep refreshments (alcoholic and non) along with glasses, ice, utensils, other items to stay comfortable in the summertime heat.
- Paint the walls: If it’s too hot to be outside, work on the inside of the house. This could be a great time to freshen up the colors on those kitchen or bathroom walls.
- Refurbish old furniture: A favorite activity of many people is to go pick up items at yard sales. Many times, one can find old furniture that can be easily refurbished and used both inside and outside of the house.
- Build a sundae bar: Do you remember item #2? Of course, well, don’t forget the kids (and adults who love ice cream). Build a sundae bar where you can store all of the family’s favorite ice cream and toppings in one place.
- Do regular maintenance needed for summer: When the air conditioner is cranked up, make sure to regularly change your filters, keep your vents clean, and dust all ceiling fans. This prevents the spread of pollutants through the house. Also, make sure your outside AC units are free of dirt, leaves, and other debris. Have your AC units checked by a certified HVAC technician every year.
If none of these items catch your eye, we encourage you to be creative in coming up with your own DIY home projects. For more ideas home improvement ideas, contact us at Raleigh Cary Realty.