The Raleigh real estate market is always hot, but that doesn’t mean listing a home for sale should be taken lightly. Getting a home ready before listing it for sale is a critical step. If you’re ready to list your home in the Triangle, here is what you have to do to appeal to buyers.
5 Things to do before listing your home:
- First impressions matter. Make buyers fall in love with the house the second they see it. Make sure the entrance pops, the house is clean and in good repair, and that it looks welcoming.
- Fix it. Attack that honey-do list. All those little things that haven’t gotten done – bulbs that are too high to reach, dents in walls from one too many rainy days at home with kids, unfinished DIYs…get them done. If buyers see little things haven’t been taken care of, they’ll assume there are bigger issues to deal with.
- Dress it up. The walls can always use a fresh coat of neutral paint. New window treatments can lead people’s eyes to the sunlight that pours into the home. An accessorized dining room will help buyers picture their holiday meals in their new home. These little accents make a difference.
- But tone it down. Remove all personal pictures and tchotchkes, hide the kids’ toys and start packing what you won’t use for the next couple of months. Decluttering and streamlining a home will make it look bigger, lighter and more open.
- Take it outside. Even in the winter, take the time to make the outside living spaces beautiful before listing a home. Treat the outside as an extra room. These spaces should be welcoming, clean, uncluttered, and feel like an escape or mini vacation.
Getting a home ready to sell can be a daunting task, but the team at Raleigh Cary Realty can help guide you through the home selling process. Contact us now to see how we can help sell your home for top dollar.