As leaves fall and temperatures start to become cooler, the beginning of fall is here. It is important as a homeowner to prepare for the new season. Raleigh Cary Realty offers the following ideas to best prepare your home for the fall season.
5 things every homeowner must do to prepare for fall:
- Clean the gutters: With leaves falling, cleaning gutters is very important. Gutters that are not cleaned properly can lead to much larger issues such as foundation damage and flooding due to water spilling out. Therefore, routinely cleaning out leaves and other debris is a good idea. Some individuals may even choose to replace them altogether.
- Inspect the furnace: It is important for an individual to check and make sure that their furnace and heating is working properly before the weather becomes much colder. Many people also hire heating professionals to take a look at their homes to ensure that the heating system is as efficient as possible. Maintenance is able to be done in this phase prior to freezing temperatures outside.
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: At least once a year, homeowners should check their detectors and change batteries as necessary. With the use of furnaces and heaters in the fall, it is especially important to make sure that detectors work to ensure safety in a home.
- Prepare the fireplace and chimney: Chimneys should have an annual cleaning to prevent fires. Since more individuals use their fireplaces in colder months, preparing and cleaning allow individuals to get full use of it without having any safety hazards.
- Check plumbing: To prevent pipes from bursting, individuals should make sure that their pipes are well insulated. Since frozen pipes can lead to flooding problems, it is important to prepare well before the colder months come along for the best prevention.
Overall, there are many different ways to prepare your home for the fall. When working on your home, talk to the experienced realtors at Raleigh Cary Realty. We appraise, buy, or sell homes and work alongside buyers and sellers throughout the process.