Choosing the right real estate agent can make or break the home-selling process. With so many realtors out there, it makes choosing the right one for you very difficult. Interviewing different real estate agents can help you narrow down your options for a real estate agent to sell your home. Having a series of questions for a real estate agent when you interview them can give you some indication on what kind of work they will do if you hire them. Asking questions can help you see a realtor’s specialties, weaknesses, strengths, etc.
Five questions to ask a realtor before hiring them:
- What neighborhoods do you specialize in? The area that your home is in might have unique characteristics that some realtors don’t have experience in. Choosing a real estate agent who is familiar with your neighborhood can give you an advantage in the market.
- How long have you been working as a real estate agent? Knowing how long a realtor has been in the industry can give an indication of how well they may handle things. A realtor that has years and years of experience can give you practical advice and has experienced all kinds of scenarios in the real estate market.
- What marketing will you use to sell my home? One of the biggest reasons individuals hire realtors to sell their homes is to get marketing expertise from someone in the industry. Asking this question to a potential realtor gives them the opportunity to tell you about their real estate strategies and what has and hasn’t worked for them.
- How often do you update your clients on the status of their home? Communication is key. You want to know the status of your home, if people are interested in buying your home, and what your realtor is planning. A real estate agent should be flexible to your needs whether it be through phone, text, email, etc.
- What is the current state of the real estate market? A real estate agent should know the market trends in your area and be able to tell you the current state of the market if asked. This means that they are knowledgeable and stay up to date on the market.
Selling your home can be a stressful process but having a good realtor to help you along the way can help to relieve this stress. If you’re looking to sell your home, contact Raleigh Cary Realty and we can help you out.