Sometimes, it’s hard to know when there is a need for a new home. There are symptoms that can pop-up that may show a family it is time to consider selling an existing home and buying a new home in the Raleigh area.
Our team at Raleigh Cary Realty has seen this situation so many times that we know what to look for. So, we wanted to share a few signs we have seen that it may be time for a new home.
5 commons signs that it is time for a Raleigh family to purchase a new home are:
- New Family Members: One of the easiest signs of needing a new home is the same sign that is new family members. An expanding family means a new for more space and more storage which is a great time to purchase a new home.
- Lack of Space: When a family is getting crowded in a home and there is a lack of closet or storage space, this is a sign it is time to consider a new home. In some situations, this pops-up in specific rooms and not the entire home. For example, if you have individuals over and the kitchen is crowded regularly, that is a sign it could be time for a new home.
- Downsizing: When a family grows and begins to move out, that is a very common sign that it is time for a new home. While this can be a sad season of life, it is a great opportunity for a new home and a new community.
- Need New Features: A less common sign that it is time to buy a home is when your home doesn’t have a feature you need. This commonly presents itself as a needed office workspace, outdoor space or a dedicated laundry room.
- Community: One of the biggest reasons that families in the Triangle move are because they want to be in a specific community and in a certain school district.
There are a variety more reasons for selling a home and buying a new home in Raleigh, but these are the most common we see. If you are in one of these situations, we would be honored to help you move! Contact us today to set up a time to chat about your home buying and selling needs.