Skip To Content
  • Home
  • Buyer
  • 3 Specific Tips on How to Choose Contractors After Hurricane Damage

3 Specific Tips on How to Choose Contractors After Hurricane Damage

Hurricane Florence just passed through North Carolina and the Triangle fared rather well. But, there are areas of Raleigh that experience down trees and roof damages. So, who do you trust to fix damages to your home?Prepare Home for Spring Real Estate Market

As the owner of Raleigh Cary Realty, I know how important it is for homeowners to choose the right contractors. Home repairs can be stressful, but there are a few tips we always share with our homeowners to pick the best specialists.

3 specific tips on choosing contractors to repair a Raleigh home after a hurricane are:

  1. Roofers: The roofing industry is known for a variety of scams right now. Be sure to read all reviews for the company before hiring them and only pay a deposit on the project instead of the whole amount up front. Local companies based in the Triangle are much less known for the scams, so we always suggest starting local.
  2. General Contractors: There is a difference between a general contractor and a handyman. General contractors must be licensed, so don’t hesitate to ask to see their license. And don’t hesitate to request to see samples of their past work or talk to past clients.
  3. Landscapers: Due to the large amount of flooding, a handful of Raleigh homes may have done trees or erosion on the property. Landscapers are rather consistent in our area. But, still be aware. Review their online reviews and make sure they are a North Carolina registered business. Also, make sure to get a time that they will be coming out to the home before paying.

These are great tips whether you need a small repair after a hurricane or just need an upgrade on the home. If you want a specific recommendation from our real estate team, contact us now!

Trackback from your site.

Leave a Reply


About our blog

Our agents write often to give you the latest insights on owning a home or property in the Triangle area.